Monday, May 25, 2009

The Biography of M.I.N.D.

15 minutes of fame can come and go quicker than the blink of an eye, M.I.N.D. is always ready. Born Marlon Jermaine McGilbra, M.I.N.D. is prepared and ready to deliver. His line “Constantly reminded of what keeps us divided/lack of verbal skills/dances predicated toward minors” from the record “Black American Dream,” summarizes the predicament this Southern artist has had to deal with.

Hailing from the great city of Houston, this wordplay extraordinaire expresses, “It’s hard to make a name for yourself in a city known for chopped-n-screwed music when you don’t incorporate that into your sound.”

M.I.N.D., however, is determined to change his city’s musical soundscape. “I give it to ‘em in doses, whether teaspoons or capfuls, the end product is still potent.” Now, doesn’t this sound like a man prepared?

Written by Gracie Cardenas

No comments:

Post a Comment